An Introduction to the Doctrines of the Christian Faith
The pages listed below were written seeking to accurately express the teaching of the Bible on each subject in an "introduction and overview" format. As such, each study begins with a detailed summary of the teaching outlined below, and a listing of related studies is included so that you can follow from one study logically onto another.
The Bible on God: (top)
The Bible on Mankind: (top)
The Bible on Salvation: (top)
- The Atonement (the work Jesus did to save us)
- The 'salvation stream':
The Bible on the Future (top)
Many books were helpful in the completion of the theology section of this site, but these especially: -
- Louis Berkhof, Systematic Theology and A summary of Christian Doctrine;
- Wayne Grudem, Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Biblical Doctrine;
- Alister McGrath, Christian Theology: An Introduction;
- Bruce Milne, Know the Truth;
- James Packer, Concise Theology: A Guide to Historic Christian Beliefs;
- Walter Elwell (Ed.), The Baker Theological Dictionary of the Bible.
Full references can be found in my general bibliography.
This page last updated: 31 July 2009
This site last updated: